Can you believe it? It's gone by so quickly and already I have completed 1/50th of my Goodreads reading challenge for 2012. Yes, you've guessed it, I've pledged to read 50 books this year. I'm very confident I'll complete it - I'm nearly 1/25th of the way through already (second book half read)! Easy.
I do feel it's necessary to document my New Year's resolutions and also, as a goodbye to 2011, jot down my top 10 moments or discoveries of last year. The moments are just for fun and posterity but I'm wondering if I make a public declaration of what I want to change this year whether I'll stick to them more than I have in the past.
First things first - resolutions. Now, normally these annually declared good intentions last no longer than what we've already had of this year BUT this year, I am determined that I will keep at least three of the five resolutions I have made, so here they are:
- Eat less non-healthy food. So far, this isn't going too badly as I pre-empted this resolution and scoffed down all my Christmas chocolates before New Year's Day. Cunning.
- Make this the year that we clear the loft and ebay all the stuff that's been boxed up ready to sell for the last five or so years. I really want to keep this one.
- Take up yoga properly - by this, I mean do it regularly once a week. I'd like to extend my new found patience to people other than Lady M and feel like yoga might lead the way to calmness and serenity. Maybe.
- Start writing the journal I meant to begin when Lady M was first born. Now I have over a year's worth of stuff to remember and put into words. I have made a start on this by ordering several rather beautiful Liberty print notebooks.
- This one's a biggie - lose some damned weight! This is the year for it. I know it.
Anyway, on to the moments! Ooh, it's been hard to choose and I had to restrain myself to picking only five Lady M related moments. So, here they are. Let's get the Lady M ones out of the way first as I suspect they're what every parent would list.
- Lady M laughing for the first time.
- Lady M walking (well, running as she is wont to do most of the time).
- Every time Lady M dances - she is her mother's daughter, some fine moves going on.
- Lady M's first taste of chocolate and cake on her first birthday - pure bliss!
- Lady M giving me a proper two-armed tight cuddle for the first time - she only just managed to sneak this into 2011!
- Receiving a phone call from Warehouse to say I had won two weekend tickets to Reading Festival - I've never won anything in my life (except a few quid on the lottery a handful of times. Score).
- Seeing My Chemical Romance. Twice. And with Brian May the second time!
- Finding out my sister is having a baby - now due in less than two months!!
- Discovering Garnier BB cream - it is truly amazing. I will be stocking up on it in case Waitrose ever run out.
- Oh yeah, I suppose I'll put this one in although it's not really that big of a deal. Meeting Gerard freakin' Way. No biggie. We talked about babies and stuff. I was not at all star struck and nor did I feel ancient amongst all the fifteen year old girls.
I can only hope that this year will be just as eventful. In January 2013, I hope I'm listing 'getting an agent' as one of the moments and even 'having some people follow my blog' maybe. One should always have hope and dream big. Right? I mean, I did meet the delicious and indescribably beautiful (that one's for you Chardmeister) Gerard Way last year so anything can happen if you want it enough. And I want an agent and blog followers. Make it happen 2012!